Methuen MA & Dracut MA Top Spring Time Lawn Care Tips
As the winter snow melts away, and the days start getting warmer, it’s time to prepare your lawn and garden for the upcoming growing season. Spring is the perfect time to give your outdoor space the TLC it needs after a long winter. To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of essential springtime chores for lawn care and gardening.
- Clean-up debris: Clear your lawn and garden of any leaves, twigs, and other debris that may have accumulated over the winter months. This helps prevent the growth of mold, fungi, and diseases.
- Rake the lawn: Rake your lawn to remove dead grass (thatch) and moss, allowing new grass to grow and breathe. This will also help to prevent disease and improve the overall health of your lawn.
- Aerate the soil: Aerate your lawn to improve air circulation, water absorption, and nutrient uptake. This process involves creating small holes in the soil to alleviate soil compaction and encourage root growth.
- Fertilize: Apply a slow-release granular fertilizer to your lawn and garden beds. This will provide essential nutrients for healthy growth and improved stress tolerance throughout the growing season.
- Mow your lawn: Start mowing your lawn once the grass starts to grow. Set your mower to a higher setting (3-3.5 inches) for the first few mows to promote healthy root growth and discourage weed growth.
- Seed and overseed: Spring is an ideal time to reseed any bare spots in your lawn or overseed your entire
Early Bird Lawn Care: Your Best Option for Affordable Lawn Mowing
If you’re too busy, don’t have the equipment or don’t want to get dirty and you can’t get out to the yard this spring for clean up and mowing please don’t hesitate to call Early Bird Lawns for your free estimate 978-973-2410 Thanks!